Cashew Cheese spread
This dish is absolutely delicious. Cheese lovers won’t miss cheese. This is a great dairy free option if you have allergy to dairy foods.
- 1 cup of cashews,soaked
- 4 tbsp of water
- 3 tbsp ume plum vinegar(optional)
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Red star nutritional yeast(rich in vitamin B12)(this is a must add ingredient)
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- salt to taste(keep in mind red vinegar is salty)
- freshly ground pepper
- dried herbs
- Blend all the ingredients in vitamix, take any vessel you like to mold in and fill it with plastic wrap.
- Add anything like peppers or herbs or red pepper flakes to the inside of mold on plastic wrap.
- Then add cashew cheese into the mold and place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours. Invert on to the plate before serving.
You can make this with any nuts of your choice, I liked with cashews better than other nuts.
You can substitute red or white vinegar for plum vinegar.
If you don’t have nutritional yeast, this recipe won’t come out good. I highly recommend buying nutritional yeast. I use this yeast in many recipes. This is natural way of getting vitamin B12, Red star brand is fortified with B12.
Enjoy this spread with any crackers or sandwiches