Chia Avocado Rotis
- Wheat flour, 4 cups (preferably whole grain, unbleached)
- Avocado, one
- Chia seeds, 3 tsp
- Warm water (as needed, about 1-1/2 cups).
- Soak Chia seeds in 1 ½ cup of water for about 2 hours. Scoop avocado and mash the avocado in 1-2 tbsp of water, then add the chia seeds soaked in water. Mix the flour with avocado and chia, blend to make firm dough. Dough should not be too soft or too hard.
2. Knead the dough for two minutes. Cover it and set it aside to rest for about 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Rolling out Chapatis: Take small lime sized portions and shape them into balls. Sprinkle some flour on a clean board. Using a rolling pin, press/roll out the dough into a big thin round. Even for the novice roti makers, once you blend avocado and chia seeds, rotis roll out very easily. To get layers, fold the rolled out round twice and to get a triangle shape, roll it into a big, thin triangle.
4. Cooking Roti: Heat a cast-iron griddle, when it is hot, place the roti and cook it on each side until it turns golden.
5. Serve it hot with curry or dal.