Coconut lemon pickle
This is a raw coconut recipe with cooked seasoning addition. Coconut is a very healthy fruit/nut. The fat it contains is saturated and is medium chain fatty acids with many health benefits. When you consume coconut in refined and extracted form as coconut oil, you should use it in small amount only.
- 1 coconut medium size
- 3 lemons
- 4 stems of cilantro
- 15 small green chillies
- Grind coconut in blender untill chunks.
- Add green chillies, salt, cilantro, lemon and blend again, scoop it out to a serving dish
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a pan.
- Add and saute chana, mustard, urad, curry leaf, jeera
- Add crushed garlic, turmeric at the end to seasoning and add it to coconut blend.
This goes well with steamed rice or you can put it in between bread slices and toast it as a sandwich.