A very healthy recipe made with drumsticks, full of anti-oxidant qualities that help in fighting with free radicals in the body. Embibe this healthy veggie in your diet by making it with a delicious south indian twist.
- Drum sticks 3; cut into thumb size pieces
- Vadiyams,(Ashguard masala fritters or Gummadikaya vadiyam) shown below, available in Indian store, typically made in many homes during the season
- Onion – one medium size
- Tomato, one medium size
- Salt to your taste
- cashew nuts for garnish
- Saute onions, add tomato and drumstick pieces
- Add salt, turmeric, and about 1 cup of water
- Cover and cook on medium flame
- After it is cooked, add fritters and cook for few minutes.
- Fry handful of cashew nuts aside in a tsp of oil and add to curry.
Final curry should be thick in consistency, add water as needed to bring curry to this consistency at the end.
Image credit: prato9x/flicker