Hummus & Leaf Roll
Do not ignore this super-simple and super-healthy recipe. This trick worked in my house to make my children eat
raw green leaves!!!
I must say it was difficult to have my older son try the first bite, He finished them all after he tasted and kept on saying “Mom this is a good idea, I like them.” On a busy day, you can do this with store-bought hummus, this recipe takes less than 5 minutes to assemble.
This can be your quick healthy appetizer recipe for unexpected guests. This recipe can be made ahead of time and hold up well. If you make it ahead of time, cover it with wet paper towel, to keep leaves fresh.
- Beet leaves, 10
- Hummus, about one spoon for each roll (you can use either homemade or store-bought hummus if you don’t have time to make your own). This time I tried with roasted pepper hummus. You can use homemade or store-bought hummus.
- Wash and drain beet leaves, dry them with paper towel.
- Keep them flat on a plate.
- Spread hummus thin and evenly over the entire surface of the leaf.
- Tightly roll the leaves from the tip of the leaf towards the stem.
- Arrange them on a plate.