These rotis are beautiful, delicious and nutritious. Purple cabbage and avocado are very nutrient dense veggies and this is an easy way of incorporating them in your diet.
2 cups of wheat flour, unbleached
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Hass avocado
1 cup purple cabbage,cut into small pieces and lightly steamed for 3 minutes.
½ tsp celtic sea salt
- Blend purple cabbage and avocado, add this mixture to wheat flour, add oil.
- Mix well until you can make a ball, add warm water as needed to make firm dough. This dough should not stick to your hand, if it sticks, you added more water; If it crumbles up, it needs more liquid.
- Knead for 5 minutes to form soft, pliable ball. Make few golfball size balls.
- Dip the ball into flour to coat, sprinkle some flour on clean board and roll it out into a thin disc using a rolling pin. To get layers, fold the rolled out round twice, to get a triangle shape then roll into a big, thin triangle. Shake off excess flour on roti and fry it on hot skillet.
- Flip it with tongs once you see bubbles on the surface. Cook it for 10-15 seconds. Some like to cook roti on open flame at this stage when flipped, for 5 seconds.
- Place rotis in insulated container as you make.
You can have this by itself. This goes well with any curry like No oil egg plant soy curry, creamy greens, eggplant and unripe mango medley, broccoli and pea saute.