Hummus is a good source of protien, vitamin C, folate, phosphorus, iron, zinc and copper. It acts as an appetizer.
- 2 cups chickpeas, soaked 24 hours and sprouted 72 hours(see how to sprout garbanzo beans)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c.Raw Tahini
- 3 tsp. celtic salt or tamari
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- ¼ diced medium onion(optional)
- 1 reg bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp chilly paste
- Combine chickpeas, garlic, red bell pepper, onion and ½ cup water in a food processor and process until well mixed.
- Add tahini, sea salt, avocado, lemon juice and cilantro and process until very smooth.
- Adjust consistency with more water if necessary, and add seasonings and lemon juice as desired.
There won’t be any gas problem with raw hummus because all the enzymes are intact if you keep it raw.
If you don’t like it completely raw, place chickpeas in hot water for 2 minutes or you can steam them for few minutes and drain before you blend.
- Dip for chips and veggies
- Sandwich spread